Monday, December 10, 2007

An Entry by Grace

Hi everyone! Just wanted to let you know that we had our gift opening lunch last week and had a great time. It was just a small affair, with my mom and my sister, Mary, in attendance, which is probably a good thing, because between my stomach and the gifts, there wasn't room for anyone else!

Most of the gifts that were sent were opened at the restaurant, though a few were either too big or not with us at the time, and were opened by Todd and me at home this past weekend. I'll post pictures below, along with descriptions of the great stuff we got.

While I'm here, I'd like to again thank Todd's office for the surprise shower they threw for Erin a couple of weeks ago. It was a really fun afternoon and we appreciated it very much.

My due date looms ahead~ only five days! My midwife said she would induce labor this coming weekend if Erin hasn't made her appearance by then. At my last appointment, she said I was "measuring large". No suprise there, as my other two kids were 9 pounders.

Todd and I are ready and anxious for the big day to arrive. Thanks to everyone for all of the well-wishes, the gifts, the offers to help and the support you've shown us.

Hopefully the next posting here will include pictures of our newborn Erin!

Love, Grace





Baby Hamper from Aunt Darlene and Uncle Roger Barnes












Two cute outfits and car seat protector from Aunt Carol and Uncle Jim Jakosh






Baby Gym from Grandma and Grandpa, (Doris & Philip Fowler)




Darling handmade Baby Blanket from Myrna Crosby







Sweet outfit and Diaper Tote from Aunt Suzanne Goodrich







Pooh Onsies from Aunt Mary






Me, Mom, and Mary





Todd, at home, with Baby Saucer from Grammy and Gramps, (Ellen and Rex Barnes) and adorable personalized handmade door hanger with wind-up music box from Marsha Steensma.